- Nestlé Purina PetCare Company
Purina Pro Plan High Protein Puppy Food Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula, 6 Lb. Bag
- Crunchy kibble combined with tender, shredded pieces for delicious taste and texture
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development
- Antioxidants support a puppy's developing immune system
- Used to be known as SAVOR Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals build strong bones and teeth
- High quality protein, including chicken as the first ingredient, builds lean muscles
- Fortified with guaranteed live probiotics for digestive and immune health
- Vitamin A and omega-6 fatty acids to nourish skin and coat
- Each ingredient is carefully selected for specific nutritional or functional purposes
- 100 percent complete and balanced nutrition for puppies under one year
Offer your puppy wholesome ingredients and 100 percent complete and balanced nutrition with Purina Pro Plan Brand Dog Food Puppy Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula dry puppy food. Real chicken as the first ingredient and rice, a good source of carbohydrates for energy, provide him with the nutrition he needs. The highly digestible puppy food formula allows for optimal nutrition delivery and contains no artificial colors or flavors. DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development, and the antioxidant-rich formula supports his developing immune system. This dog kibble is fortified with guaranteed live probiotics for digestive and immune health, while phosphorus, calcium and other minerals build strong teeth and bones. Specially designed for puppies under one year, this Purina Pro Plan Brand Dog Food Puppy Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula dry puppy dog food lets you feel good about the food you serve him.
Feeding Instructions:Puppies start to nibble solid foods at 3 - 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available at all times. Allow your puppy to eat at will until fully weaned (6 - 8 weeks). After weaning, Pro Plan can be fed moistened or dry. For best results, develop a regular feeding schedule such as three small meals a day for younger puppies. You can gradually reduce to one feeding in the morning and one in the evening as your puppy ages. The routine should not vary. As puppies near adulthood, their calorie needs may drop, and your puppy may begin leaving some food in the bowl. Don't misinterpret this as an indication of dislike for the food. Instead, begin offering less so your puppy doesn't overeat and stays in ideal body condition. Nestle Purina Research indicates that avoiding overfeeding of puppies may help their development. Maintaining ideal body condition is key to encouraging proper growth in all puppies, especially large breeds. The indicated amounts are only a guideline. If your puppy becomes overweight, a reduction of your puppy's daily food intake may be appropriate. You may wish to consult your veterinarian about a weight control program. FEEDING FOR REPRODUCTION Pro Plan provides the extra nutrition needed by reproducing females in stages of gestation and lactation. Food consumption may vary during gestation, so feed the amount needed to maintain the pregnant female's ideal body condition. Food intake may double or even quadruple during lactation. Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily. For your pet's health, see your veterinarian regularly.